SCM music player manĝaĵo amanto: Shortbread

Friday 27 September 2013

Shortbread



I was watching "The Great British Bake off" on the other day, and I saw the bakers was using shortbread as a base for their dessert, so I look up online for the recipes and I realize how easy to make them. 

There's only half a plate left when I realize I have forgotten to take a picture :P Some people told me more sugar needed, and some said they prefer the shortbread be a little bit more moisturize. The amount of sugar provided in this recipe is only a preference, you could add more of less base on your own personal interest :)

Serving: 20-24 slices

Ingredients: Butter              125 g
                  Sugar                55 g
                  Plain Flour       180 g

Step 1. Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C

Step 2. Beat the butter and sugar until smooth.

Step 3. Stir the flour into the mixture to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out
            until the paste is 1 cm thick.

Step 4. Cut into round or fingers and place onto a bakery tray, then sprinkle with sugar and put in the fridge
            for 20 minutes

Step 5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until is golden brown.


Tips: Don't afraid that the shortbread would burnt because of the sugar, since the low temperature in the fridge would prevent this from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment